Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

I have a 510 D 4 x 4 backhoe. It locks up hard right now.

Customer Question
I have a 510 D...
I have a 510 D 4 x 4 backhoe. It locks up hard right now. Will take you out of the seat. Slides the front wheels, don't know about rear wheels. Drop it in reverse then it moves forward again. Just started doing it. Parked it.
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
9/30/2017
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 10 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

Have you drained the transmission /rear end and checked for metal parts in the rear end. Did you try it in two wheel drive before you removed the front axle?

Unhooked the front drive shaft thought I could feel it catching. It locked the front up so hard I was sure that it was in the front axle. Is there a chance it could be in the front pig and not show up when it is turned by hand. No I did not drain anything else.

It can be the front axle, and doesn't have to be in the differential, it can be on either wheel end. Did both front wheels slide?

Not sure. But took both planetary gear assembly apart they are fine.

You may want to look for metal in the rear end!

Ok well do in morning .

OK>

I see question is still open.??