Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

Question is about changing the air cleaner oil bath filter…

Customer Question
Question is about changing...

Question is about changing the air cleaner oil bath filter element on a 1950 AC WD. at the bottom of the air cleaner is a cup. above that, there seems to be a ring around the canister about an inch high or so with a wire mesh screen. my question is this. does this sorta ring need to come off to access and change the elements inside the canister.....please help as i'm a newbi and would like to restore my dad's ol tractor.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

It is an allis chalmers WD SN# *****

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not at this time. baby steps. thank you

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
9/28/2017
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 10 months ago
Dan, Technician

Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. Yes the clamp needs to come off to access the elements inside ans replace them. Remove it and let me know if you need more help.