Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

My JD X585 Garden Tractor ran out of fuel. I have filled…

Customer Question
My JD X585 Garden...

My JD X585 Garden Tractor ran out of fuel. I have filled tank and it now won't start.

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

My JDX585 Lawn Tractor ran out of gas and after filling tank it won't start. What do I do

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes doing it myself blew out line to tank

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
9/27/2017
Mechanic: Wayne, Journeyman replied 10 months ago
Wayne, Journeyman

Hi I'm Wayne

I will help you with this

remove the spark plug and put in a teaspoon of gas in the hole

and then start may have to do this 2-3 times

I hope this helps you

Hi. If this helped you

Please rate my answer 4 or more stars.

That is the only way I get credit for the question

or the money you paid stays at JA and I get nothing for my time.

If you need more info use the REPLY button

Not the Poor/Bad service.

Wayne did as you advised and Tractor started once and ran just a few seconds. What can I do next
no call

Hi

Maybe you did not run out of gas, sounds like your

fuel pump failed , do you need the part number ??

No I ran out of gas

OK

Well can you hear the pump running

take a line off at the filter or the injector

key on, not running and see if the gas comes out

also check the fuses

Hi

I was just called out back in 45-60 minutes

HI

OK I am back

Morning

Just wondering where we are with this