Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

Drained oil on ford 4500 and it's sat for a year. now engine…

Customer Question
Drained oil on ford...

Drained oil on ford 4500 and it's sat for a year. now engine is seized. I have the head off. I've tried to turn the front pto shaft and this won't budge. A friend suggested the bearings on the crankshaft are what have seized. I am thinking I will put Marvel oil in the crank case to let it loosen up the bearings. I have taken the oil filter off thinking I could put marvel oil in there but it spills out over engine. any suggestions?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Not sure but it's a 3 cylinder gas engine am told it's a 1978 4500 commercial backhoe

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?

Don't think so

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
9/26/2017
Mechanic: Wayne, Journeyman replied 10 months ago
Wayne, Journeyman

Hi I'm Wayne

I will help you with this

most likely is the rings are seized in the cylinders

I suggest you have head off. poor diesel oil in the cylinders

and let that soak in for couple days

I hope this helps you

Hi. If this helped you

Please rate my answer 4 or more stars.

That is the only way I get credit for the question

or the money you paid stays at JA and I get nothing for my time.

If you need more info use the REPLY button

Not the Poor/Bad service.