Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

I have a farmall 140 cranks when you pull it off but won't…

Customer Question
I have a farmall...

I have a farmall 140 cranks when you pull it off but won't turn over with key switch

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Farmall 140

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Different methods check for volts and fire to plugs any suggestions will be helpful

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
9/26/2017
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 10 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

Is the engine spinning with the key switch? Just not starting? Or the keyswitch will not engage the starter?

key switch does nothing

OK, 6 volt or 12 volt? Do you have battery voltage to the keyswitch? Do you have battery voltage to the starter solenoid from the battery ?

I see question is still open?