Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

At rpms over 1500 tractor will maybe run for two hrs or

Customer Question
At rpms over 1500...

At rpms over 1500 tractor will maybe run for two hrs or more, will start missing until I shut it off or it dies, let it sit for a while, then star it back up runs great sometime for a long

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Serial #170638 model 1070 changed all fuel filters drained fuel tank twice, put on dino for mechanic wouldn't miss.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

You tell me what is wrong with it and that is all

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
9/26/2017
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 10 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

Check the fitting at the fuel filter, where the line from the tank goes. This is the place any debris from tank that is too big to get to filter will collect. With this type problem, it is always fuel starvation.