Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

Have 1994 kubota b2150 4x4 tractor on drive on rear wheels…

Have 1994 kubota...

Have 1994 kubota b2150 4x4 tractor on drive on rear wheels front axle and pto work ok hydrostatic drive

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?

Have 1994 kubota b2150 4x4 tractor no drive on rear wheels front axle and pto work ok hydrostatic drive. Should have said 'no' drive on rear wheels

It should have saide 'no' drive on rear wheels. on my 1994 kubota b2150 4x4 tractor
hydraulic stick shows full.
how long before I can expect an answer?
9/23/2017
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

ok
no phone

No rear drive? Raise rear of tractor, and turn one of the wheels manually, does the other wheel turn in opposite direction? it should if axle shaft and differential are good. If it does not, listen for noise form the side you are turning, then go to the other side and turn it , again listening for noise or any indication that axle shaft may be broken.

Raised rear of tractor. Turned wheel manually and the other wheel does turn in the opposite direction. There is no unusual noise other than the sound of a gear turning on the inside.

OK< How did problem start?

Just bought tractor used. went to use 4WD and the only thing pulling is the front wheels.
The wheel lock has no effect on this condition.

Drive shaft from engine has shear pin, is this shaft turning the hydrostat?

#100

how do I determine this? other than taking it apart?

Do you get any indication the hydrostat is working? Pedals hard to move?

They have rigged up a dual spring set-up for the forward/back pedal which indicates to me that this pedal maybe has more friction than is required.

The top cover of the transmission can be removed, to see the shaft.

The shaft turns into the hydrostat, so the shear pin evidently is ok.

Ok, then the second cover of transmission needs to be removed, to see if output from hydrostat is working. Something between hydrostat and rear differential is not turning.

Is this the cover located under the seat?
In the drawing it appears to have a number of #160 (66301-12410) and the first and 2nd shaft appears the lower shaft a #010 (66301-14110) has what they call a boss spline and appears to have a pin going through the boss spline. Could this be the problem? But won't be able to tell without removing and dismantling the unit....right?
how long before I can expect an answer? It has been over an hour.

Sorry, had to do honey do's ,back now. I t is the second cover, under the seat, so fender deck has to come off, to gain access. It could be sheared pin.

Can this pin be replaced without removing the unit...just removing the fender deck, seat, etc...and not drop the pin in the transmission?

If you can get to it and line it up. Pin can be fished out with a magnet even if it does fall.

Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
OK. Thx for your help...not an easy fix doesn't look like, but know where to look now. Goodbye.

Thanks!

Curtis B.
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician