Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment, trucks and farm equipment - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

How to repair front planatery on a cn59 mccormick tractor

Customer Question

How to repair front planatery on a cn59 mccormick tractor and price of parts.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.
Customer: Thank you
JA: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Like to fix myself.finds are low and i need this to be working.
JA: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: The front right wheel is leaning and outer bering if it has one is mia.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. Without being able to put my eyes and hands on this to see and inspect what parts you need and what is serviceable and what is not, it will be tough to give this an accurate answer. Do you know what parts have failed or have some part numbers? Any pictures or videos of the worn parts to share?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No but if I could speak to you I can explain my problem better.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

There should be a link on your side to set up and add a call to this question thread.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Already paid 72 dollars not paying another 35.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Huh? Assuming the site is sending generic messages for a call.... no need.....but calls are extra so we will have to continue here.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Right axle tilted to the left bottom open oil leaked out .looks like bering is completely gone. Don't know if have to get into diff for snapring.or just unbolt planatery.not sure of worst case senerio for parts and cost of them.Ive been unemployed for 2 years now since oilpatch crumble so most cost effective way is best.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the update. Im in the US so the CN model is considered grey market made in Korea. There is a site with manuals for under 10 but it is tough to say what front axle you have. Check for a tag n the axle with the make and model info. Might be ZF or Carraro axle, etc. Let me know what you can find for a tag and numbers

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Only plate I found .model.n55c. Chassis number(###) ###-#### Engine number 159091. Transmission number s220162.hope this helps you.all parts seem to have a casting number.but i dont see anything on the planetary. Sorry just found it under dirt. A1400231...rh..FCD450...HC.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Diff number A1400..
Also 1-222.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

unfortunately those numbers do not come up for me. Im going to opt out in case someone else might have better luck identifying what you have there.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Shitty.I was hoping the numbers i located could help.bascially just need to know how to disassemble properly without wrecking something.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

If you could take some pictures or a short you tube video etc and provide me the link I could look at the style axle you have. There should be caps bolted with bearing s and races on the ones I am familiar with. The caps are usually shimmed for bearing preload but Id need to see what you have.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will try to see if my son can .Im somewhat technically challenged but may not be until tomorrow or late today.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Sounds good. We can follow up as needed.

Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hi, Did you get this resolved? Please take a moment to rate as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.

Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Let me know

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Talked to a case ih mechanic.he gave me some pointers.when i get a little time i will repair it.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the update.