Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and Farm Equipment Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic.

Agriculture and Farm Equipment

I have a 2008 or so dk45 kioti tractor at the house, i

I have a 2008...

I have a 2008 or so dk45 kioti tractor at the house, i replaced the key switch assembly the beginning of the year, fixed my start issue, i went to use it yesterday and the tachometer was jumping and it took a few trys with the key to get it to turn over, i turned it off and went to restart it and had nothing, when i turn the key to off the glow plug relay starts buzzing for around 5 seconds and stops, after trying this a bunch of times the flasher relay was also buzzing for a few seconds, i pulled the key assembly out and bench tested it and it seems to be fine, the glow plug has been staying slightly on for around 1/2 hour or so when im using it. any idea what direction i should be going next? i dont have means to get this thing to the dealer nor do i want to spend that kind of money, thanks in advance!

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Sounds good

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?

I just need to know what to test next to get this thing running. thanks

9/22/2017
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

hat does the battery voltage read , before glow plug and while glow plug is lit?

i havent checked that yet, 12volt on the battery though, when i turn the key i get nothing now, then go to start and it doesnt do anything, when i turn the key back to off the glow plug relay starts buzzing for about 5 seconds and sometimes the flasher relay buzz's too, i checked the key switch and the relays this morning and they vhecked out good, took the glow plug relay apart and didnt see any burnt marks on the board, i have a few extra relays in the shop for my race car if i find one bad but didnt get a chance to check anymore, last time i had this problem it was the key switch, after replacing it i was fine, i was going to buy another today but after bench testing it im thinkin it is o.k.

I'm thinking the battery or cables are your problem.The buzzing and so forth makes me think low voltage.

when i get off work i will let you know, i did have dash lights with the key on though, i will clean the terminals and check all the connections tonight and let you know one way or the other. thanks

OK> Thanks.

how old is the battery?

4 years or so, i will load test it as well.

OK>

Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Curtis B.
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician