Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

I am in need of help from a Kubota person

Customer Question
i am in need of help from a Kubota person
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/22/2017
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 10 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

Model number? There as to be a vent in the three point housing, is vent open, It should keep pressure from building up in the transmission/rear end housing.

the model is b8200dt 4wd drive manual shift. there is a vent (pigtail) behind the seat and in the middle of the lift arms that is where the fluid is coming out; if you pull the dip stick out while running you can tell there is pressure there. if there is another vent please let me know where it is---I can not locate one on the parts diagrams. I am going to be a way from the computer until late tonight (the grand kids are calling). look forward to hearing from you.

OK, I will take a look. Oil level is correct and not over filled?

Only other breathers are in the rear axle/brake area, see link below, the # 15 in the box ,up in right corner.

this is the same info I provided you and is where the fluid is coming out

From the looks of it, the transmission fluid level is too high. There should be on leak from breather tub if oil is ok. Is oil foaming or showing aeration, which expands the oil volumn?

Has the oil been changed ?

the oil level is correct and fresh and is getting a little foamy. I can not find any kind of leak from anywhere but the vent pipe.
when I changed the oil I let it drip over night to make sure all old was out. I found NO water in the oil that was drained. It SEEMS to be pumping air from some where ??????

the only place it can suck air is before the pump, from the suction strainer, up to the hydraulic pump. Maybe the strainer is plugged? See link below.