Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

I have a 2130 and oil leaks from a small hole beneath the…

Customer Question
I have a 2130...

I have a 2130 and oil leaks from a small hole beneath the clutch housing. What is the problem and how can it be fixed.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Don't have it in front of me. I'll get back to you.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Haven't tried anything yet. Don't know if I can fix it myself.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just about the leak.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
9/22/2017
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 8 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

The hole is there to allow any oil that leaks into the housing to drain out and keep the clutch parts dry. The oil gets there from the main shaft of the transmission, and can be due to too much oil in the tranmision, or just leaking front seal. If oil level is ok, then the front seal in transmission is the leak, and repair means splitting the tractor! See link below.

Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 7 months ago

I see question is still open.???

Curtis B.
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician