Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment, trucks and farm equipment - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

I have a Massey Ferguson 471 It lost power and would only

I have a Massey Ferguson 471 It lost power and would only start back up with the throttle about 3/4 open would not run at idle. replaced lift pump, filters bled all air from system it will run with gasoline sprayed into filter intake. What do I check next. Injector pump is squirting diesel fluid but does not seem to have a lot of presssure
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?
Customer: Massey Ferguson 471 Made in Brazil 9363BP04029 Perkins Diesel with Delphi fuel injection pump
JA: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Tractor was running great until this happened. Plenty of fuel in tank, plenty of fuel reaching the injector pump. Thanks, Terry.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.
Customer: Yes, I should have mentioned that I have almost average intelligence.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. Thank you for the detailed description of your symptoms and test results. That is a confirmation of a faulty injection pump in need of removal and rebuild or replacement. With good fuel supply, the fuel should spray out of a cracked open injection line or there are internal problems. Let me know if you need more help. Please take a moment to rate my service. 5 star and bonuses are greatly appreciated.