Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and Farm Equipment Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic.

Agriculture and Farm Equipment

I have a 345b fiat allis wheel loader changed fuel filters

primed the pump it started...
I have a 345b fiat allis wheel loader changed fuel filters primed the pump it started and than started missing it will run if you leave the bleedwer on the injection pump loose, if you tighten it down it will die. than you prime the pump loosen the bleeder start it and it will run right, but you have fuel running on the ground.
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?
Customer: 345 B dont know serial # at this time
JA: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: it started running ruff before I changed the fuel filters sound like it was starving for fuel loosen the bleeder and it ran fine
9/21/2017
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

ok

On the injection pump is a return fuel line, this line has a check valve in it, Either the check valve is stuck or the return line to the tank is plugged. It is pressuring the inside of the pump, and kills engine.

is the check valve in side the injection pump. I took the return line off the pump and no change it still died when you tighten the bleeder
is the check valve in side the injection pump. I took the return line off the pump and no change it still died when you tighten the bleeder leave it loose and it runs fine.

Check valve is usually the fitting that screws into the pump for the return line.??

Is fuel coming out the return when line is removed?

Didn't look like any fuel was returning, from injectors

No, return should be from fuel injection pump side, to return to tank.

I took off the hose and no fuel was coming out of the pump to the return lines the return lines go to the top of the injectors. Right!!!

That's the problem, the fuel is not returning out of the pump

do these check valves get plugged what is the fix

see if you can use a wire and find out if it has debris in it?

can you take them out and clean. So the check valve is plugged not letting the pump get rid of excess fuel going back to the tank
is the check valve internal or can you get to it on the outside of pump

I thought it was external, but I don't have manual showing the Fiat injection pump.

now what

Remove the return line and use a wire to see if you can get fuel to return!

Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Phone call session started
Curtis B.
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician