Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and Farm Equipment Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic.

Agriculture and Farm Equipment

We have a deutz-fahr agrotron 90. we are told that the

transmission shaft needs to be...
we have a deutz-fahr agrotron 90. we are told that the transmission shaft needs to be replaced. would it make more sense to purchase a rebuilt transmission?
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?
Customer: TT2B1 serial number 80082015
JA: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no its already apart in a garage
JA: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no i just need some advice
9/19/2017
Wayne, Journeyman

Hi i'm Wayne

I will help you with this

Yes, by the time you spend the money on a shaft Approx $300.00

the a bearing kit, and gasket set worn gears

Yes go with a rebuilt trans

I hope this helps you

Hi. If this helped you

Please rate my answer 4 or more stars.

That is the only way I get credit for the question

or the money you paid stays at JA and I get nothing for my time.

If you need more info use the REPLY button

Not the Poor/Bad service.

Wayne, Journeyman
Wayne I am in France.....the mechanic said it is 3000 euros for the shaft and 6000 euros to replace it!!!!! Am i stupid to think this is crazy money?
why am i waiting so long for an answer. It is a simple question. They need to pull the body off the tractor, open the transmission to replace the shaft. But I think 9000 euros = 10,797.00 USD is too much......Do they need to pull the body off to get at the transmission and is it a huge project?

HI

I am sorry for the delay I was called out

Yes the cab needs to come off, and trans rebuild is NOT labor Intenance,

but parts are high $10K USD is high to me , I would shop around

Wayne, Journeyman