Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

I have a Kubota L4240 that keeps dying while working. It…

Customer Question
I have a Kubota...

I have a Kubota L4240 that keeps dying while working. It just suddenly idles down and dies but starts right up. How many different safety switches does it have?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

I will have to go get it and call back.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Bypassed both switches under seat.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?

I changed fuel filter an hour ago.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
9/19/2017
Mechanic: Wayne, Journeyman replied 10 months ago
Wayne, Journeyman

Hi I'm Wayne

I will try to help you with this

it has 3, seat switch, Trans neutral switch and the PTO switch

how long does it run before it dies

Length of time running varies greatly. Can the neutral switch affect the machine while moving? And where is the pto switch located. Model L4240 Serial#50244

HI

No, the switch would not cause it to kill

I was just answering how many switches

and PTO switch will not cause it to kill either ,once running

My thoughts are the fuel shut off solenoid is dropping

out and cuts the fuel off