Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

Installing u joints in a 2005 Kubota rtv 900. One went in…

Installing u joints in a...
Installing u joints in a 2005 Kubota rtv 900. One went in fine . other will not line up internally
9/18/2017
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

Front or rear? I will figure it is rear. I assume you have checked to be sure the spline count is same on the odd side? There is no reason it will not go in, just alignment problem and is not lining up. You are turning the inner gear to help align?

I have had both front and rear joints off my 900 and was not easy, but did line up, Just have to be very straight, and rotate the opposing parts.

Curtis it is the rear left side from rear slid right in right is not. This is a hydrostatic trans unable to turn even in neutral.

Turning the other side should rotate the inner differential gear and turn the spline for the shaft.?? I know this unit too well, we had to remove and rebuild the transmission end!

Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician