Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

On my Kubota mx 4800 hst (2014) the cruise control lever…

Customer Question
On my Kubota mx...

On my Kubota mx 4800 hst (2014) the cruise control lever will not stay where it is set. it will slide back to not working, what can I do?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Hts mx4800 serial no 50807

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing sofar

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
9/16/2017
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 11 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

On the side of the transmission, where the cruise control cable attaches, i a series of discs, that are used as brake discs for the cruise control lever. You have to add tension to the stack of discs. I had picture from Kubota parts book, but I can't get it to download. But you have to tighten the three bolts, or rotate the shaft , to add tension.

Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 10 months ago

see link below.