Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

My 555 versatille range selector is jammed. The last

Customer Question
My 555 versatille range...

My 555 versatille range selector is jammed. The last position was in low range I think or may have been in mid range.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

I am not sure of serial number but I think it is about an 1980 555 versatile articulated tractor

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

The tractor seemed to jump out off gear. but it later would move forward with the range selector jammed

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
9/16/2017
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 11 months ago
Dan, Technician

Hi my name is***** the drain oil for metal, discoloration, debris, etc that would confirm an internal failure requiring further disassembly for inspection and repair. Let me know

Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 10 months ago

Hi, Did you get this resolved?If so, Please take a moment to rate as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.