Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

I turned my LT off while in reverse and now I can not move…

Customer Question
I turned my LT...

I turned my LT off while in reverse and now I can not move the engagement to neutral to restart engine

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

I dont have it with me.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have only tried to shift the shift handle and I have lifted the front and dropped the mower. (this worked when this happened before)

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
9/15/2017
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 11 months ago
Dan, Technician

Hi my name is***** is the complete make model and serial number of what you are working on?

I do not have the model and serial number with me. I believe it is lt110

Engine Will Not Start

Brake pedal not depressed.

PTO is engaged.

Spark plug wire is loose or disconnected.

Improper fuel.

Plugged fuel filter.

Defective safety switch.

If the wiring to the safety switch is okay and the safety switch is not reading neutral when in neutral it points to a faulty switch. Let me know

I now have the model and serial number. D105 1GXD105EJEE561535. This has an automatic trans and the lever for shifting from forward, neutral and reverse is stuck in reverse. The mower will not start with the lever in this position\.
Anyone online today?

Hi, Thanks for the updated info. Let me look this up

Shift Lever Linkage

CartkeyPART NO.PART NAMEQTYSERIAL NO.REMARKS

1GX20282Knob1ID = 11 mm

GX24874Knob1ID = 12.5 mm

2GX24801Bushing1

3GX24166Bracket2

4GX24165Rod1

5GX22456Screw3

6GX24161Bracket1

7GX24162Strap1

8GX24496Plate2

9GX10434Nut1

10GY21459Bracket1

1114M7396Lock Nut6M8

12GX24169Rod1

1319M7913Screw6M8 X 90

14GX25287Extension Spring1SUB FOR GX20328

15GY21661Bracket1

1614M7166Lock Nut1M8

17GX24541Support1

1819M7866Screw1M8 X 20

19GX21530Spring Pin1

2037M7449Screw1M6 X 30 Not Illustrated

Click the link above. This is likely the shift linkage you are referring to. Disconnect it from the transmission and see if it is stuck inside the transmission or if the linkage itself is binding. If inside the transmission, the problem is internal and requires disassembly and repair. Drain the oil and look for metal indicating transmission failure. If found, replace the transmission. Let me know

Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 10 months ago

Hi, Did you get this resolved?If so, Please take a moment to rate as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.