Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

I need to tighten the rolls of hay on my NH 450 roll-a-belt…

Customer Question
I need to tighten...

I need to tighten the rolls of hay on my NH 450 roll-a-belt baler

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

All I know at this second is that it is a 2012 450 roll-a-belt baler

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, and I know there is a knob on the right (passenger) side that you are supposed to turn, but I am not sure which way to turn it or how much.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

How to get the chain off and replaced that runs the pick-up reels - mine is very loose and flopping and appears to be adjusted as much as possible now.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
9/15/2017
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 11 months ago
Dan, Technician

Hi, My name is***** will be glad to try to help. Give me some time to check my manuals on this and follow up.