Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

I was using a tiller on my 1520 Deere. Suddenly the three…

Customer Question
I was using a...

I was using a tiller on my 1520 John Deere. Suddenly the three point would not lift at all. The power steering still worked fine but by the time I got the tractor put away,15 minutes the power steering lost all assisrance. Now nothing hydraulic works.Fluid is proper level and filter has very few hours on it . Where do I start cheching before I start taking things apart?I

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

I was using a tiller on my 1520 John Deere. Suddenly the three point would not lift at all. The power steering worked just fine but by the time I got the tractor put away,about 15 minutes the power steering lost all assistance.The oil is at proper level and the filter has maybe 10 hours on it.Where do I start cheching before I start taking things apart?

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?

Don't think so

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/15/2017
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 11 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

The hydralic pump is up front , driven by the crankshaft. Pump dirve maybe broken or stripped out.

I have seen the pump drive turning and can feel something going on when I put my hand on the pump but I never thought that it may be stripped out. I will check that and let you know

OK>