Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

I have a BX 25...it was "sputtering" no power, and stalled.

Customer Question
I have a BX...

I have a BX 25...it was "sputtering" no power, and stalled. i wated it ran a few minutes then sputtered and stalled. i changed the filter..cranked it to fill the filter...it sputtered...no start...i kept trying i was afaid to run my battery down. what do you think Curtis?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

I'll have to get it...ill be back

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?

It is a 2011 bx25tbl ser number 60175

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
9/14/2017
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 8 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

Is the fuel kill solenoid letting the fuel link on the top of the governor housing open when key is turned on? It cycles when you turn the key on and off. If it is not keeping fuel in off position, do you have fuel at the injection pump inlet bleed screw when cranking engine and electric pump is pumping?

I see question is still open, did you see my response?

Curtis B.
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician