Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

I need to change the roller bearing on my 640fd. It's the…

Customer Question
I need to change...

I need to change the roller bearing on my 640fd. It's the inside left while sitting in the machine. Is there any videos on this, what's the best way to go about this?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

640 fd serial number 1H0640FDKD0755693

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
9/13/2017
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 8 months ago
Dan, Technician

Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. There are no videos on this unless someone made one on you tube doing their own repairs. The service manual is the best tool to have if you are going to be doing your own work on your machine. Do you have a service book?

No

Click on this link to access the parts manual online. Type your model, select your serial number break, then sectional index, then choose from the index where you want to go in the manual. This will give you the parts breakdowns and part numbers to help. Look up the bearing in question and let me know the part number so I know what bearing you are referring to.

There is no lonk
Link

The link is above

My header is an 11 model must be to old for the Jd online catalog
I need to change the roller bearings for the left inside drapper

Click on the first one North American version

I clink on your parts link and it goes to Jd parts catalog. Isn't working. Do you not know what my question is? The header is a 640 finger draper I am looking to change the roller bearings that keep tension on the draper belts themselves.

Are any of these the bearings you are referring to?

No, the draper has a roller on either ends of the draper. The bearings went out. I need to change them.

Without you being able to identify the bearings in the parts manual I am unsure which ones you are referring to. There may be another expert that might be able to better assist. Im opting out. Dont respond back or it will lock back to me.

Curtis B.
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician