Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

I have a Kunitz 3830 tractor, which ended up in a lake, 1/3…

Customer Question
I have a Kunitz...

I have a Kunitz 3830 tractor, which ended up in a lake, 1/3 of it anyways. Now hav white smoke blowing out of front cyl- exhaust

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

It's a kabota

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. Antifreeze is not lowering in rad. Oil is not lowering. Assuming fuel problem, I loosend injector nut on front cyl and smoke stopped. Engine remained running the same, terrible

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?

Engine doesn't have enough power to pull itself in medium to high gear. That's it

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Suppose to get free week trial. Why are you charging me 57.00
If I don't get an answer on this charge, I will call my bank and refuse payment
9/13/2017
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 11 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

You want help with tractor? Run compression test on the smoking cylinder, by using the glow plug hole. Compare reading to the other cylinders. Low compression will cause the white smoke, or swap injector from one of the other cylinders, to see if it is the injector.

If the cylinder has low compression, be concerned, as it can have a bent connecting rod, from water being on top of piston when engine was started! When rod fails, it will come out the side of the block.