Wayne, Journeyman
Experience:  34 + years as a mechanic
6825259

A happy LA 3301. Went out to work this morning and the

Customer Question

Hi there...a happy LA 3301. Went out to work this morning and the tractor would not start. I am getting a PO336 message. Help...
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.
Customer: Great. I love this Kubota.
JA: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes. I have tried to wiggle the hydrostatic pedal. I have tried to engage and then disengage the main clutch. No help.
JA: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: It seems like the 'shredder' is engaged and I'm not quite understanding why. nope and thank you...
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 month ago.

Hi I'm Wayne

I will help you with this

P0336 = Crankshaft Position Sensor Range/Performance for ODBII type systems

Clearing the code is only part of the solution. You must fix the problem or the code will return. Crankshaft sensor codes are usually caused by metallic debris on the sensor itself. If you can get at it yourself, clean the area then carefully remove it & wipe the sensor off with a clean rag. 9 times out of 10 this will fix the problem. If this does not fix it then the sensor will have to be tested by a tech. Also be sure to put a small amount of oil on the o-ring before you reinstall the sensor

I hope this helps you

Hi. If this helped you

Please rate my answer 3 or more stars.

That is the only way I get credit for the question

or the money you paid stays at JA and I get nothing for my time.

If you need more info use the REPLY button

Not the Poor/Bad service.

Expert:  Wayne replied 1 month ago.
Morning Just following up with you did my answer help you ?? Please remember to rate my answer or the money you paid stays at JA and I get nothing for my time Wayne