Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

I have a 2008 massey tractor. It shows a e code e157-18.

Customer Question
I have a 2008...

I have a 2008 massey tractor. It shows a e code e157-18. Once it reaches operating temp it will lose power. I ve done the general maintenance. fuel filter air ect. There seems to be a wet area between the lift pump and primary. Where do I start?

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

I HAVE A 2008 MASSEY 5455. The is an e code e157-18 . After it reaches operating temp it will lose power. I ve changed the filters . There is a wet area between the lift pump and the primary. Where should I start. The lift pump?

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
9/13/2017
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 11 months ago
Dan, Technician

Hi my name is***** with me while I pull up some information for you

That fault is for low fuel rail pressure. Check for fuel restrictions and leaks or anything causing low fuel pressure or possible faulty pump and if okay you could have a sensor or wiring harness problem giving false readings if the mechanical side of things checks out normal. Let me know the results

Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 10 months ago

Hi, Did you get this resolved?If so, Please take a moment to rate as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.