Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

Another question about my 2011 Deere 2720 tractor. It runs

Customer Question

Another question about my 2011 Deere 2720 tractor. It runs great, but
Every once in a while a big puff of white smoke comes out of exhaust and rpms either drop dramatically for a few seconds or completely shuts down. Then it takes 2-3 tries before it starts again. It will then run great for several minutes, hours, or days until it happens again. This has been in intermittent problem for over a year, but not a big enough issue to take in for service. I’ve tried different brands of diesel, and fuel additives, but nothing really seems to affect it. Any ideas?
Thanks
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

# 4 in the link below is the fuel shutoff solenoid. If you run along and shut off the key, is this the same action as you see when it stops? The fuel solenoid may be loosing voltage.