Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

Help! My Kubota B3030 wont start. Here are the facts: Kubota

Customer Question

Help! My Kubota B3030 wont start. Here are the facts:
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?
Customer: Kubota B3030 HST. Tried to engage the PTO weeks ago and it shook violently, due to a brush hog blade that was misaligned. I disengaged the PTO and then shut off the engine. Has not started since.
JA: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes, I have since replaced the PTO Sensor and the Shuttle Shift Sensor, and both seat safety sensors. Have also replaced the starter relay and checked the fuel solonoid which appears to be working. There is one last safety sensor I have not replaced but I have no reason to think it is not working
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Do you get voltage to the glow plugs when you select the glow plug function? Starter does not engage?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The glow plug light does turn on when I turn the key all the way; But I have not directly tested the glow plug. The starter does not make any sound at all; so it seems there is not current going to it. Is there a way for me to test that? also, can i just run a jumper cable from the battery to the starter to see if I can activate it?
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Sorry was out putting one of my projects together. You can go direct to the start solenoid and jump from the able terminal, to the switch terminal, engine should spin. If it does, battery, cables and solenoid and starter are all ok. That would mean you likley have a safety switch, seat or pto or neutral/clutch switch not making.