Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

Kubota b3000 5 amp OPC fuse blows after 1 minute of

Customer Question
Kubota b3000 5 amp...

Kubota b3000 5 amp OPC fuse blows after 1 minute of operation. Regardless of whether it is idling, or working

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

B300hsdcc serial# ***** I am not near tractor at this time b3000 HSDCC

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Sweet

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have tried replacing the fuse. blows every time. I have checked the wires under the seat for seat switch, they all look good

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?

I did have a YETI mug fall out of the drink holder and get caught on back of the seat, but got nowhere near a wire

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
9/7/2017
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 9 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

OPC fuse blows for a bad switch, or wire, seat, pto, or brake/neutral switch. Or a bad OPC timer/relay. Hav eyou used a test meter to check each switch, ad the connections for grounds, which indicate a short? With it doing it after start, I suspect the OPC might be bad.

I started with the seat switch. tested good. 0 ohms to infinite, closed to open. I have not tested any others yet because I had this feeling that my YETI mug getting caught under the seat around the same time this problem began was a big clue. No wire chafing on the seat switch wires either.
you are saying that checking all the switches, wires and grounds is my only option. If those look good, I hafta buy an OPC controller? Then what happens if I buy one of those and I still have the problem? It sucks that no one stocks such a thing. I need to order one and wait at least a week for one to show up.is there a way to test the controller?

B3000 shows to have two seat switches, did you test both?

I could only find ONE switch under the seat, and ONE set of wires. I can re-look for the other switch and test it. I would test the others at that time as well.
You called it an "OPC timer/relay". IS there really a time element to this thing? Meaning, after a pre-determined period of time, I certain conditions aren't met, it blows the fuse...by design?

See link below, 110 and 120 are seat switches.

also, if there is any switch that isn't ZERO ohms when closed, THAT will cause the fuse to blow as well? Is there a certain threshold of resistance for any of these switches? I suspect there would be the same for the wires/connections as well.

On this one, it is called a controller. # 80, not opc timer.

Is there a way to test the OPC controller itself? Or is it suspected bad by process of elimination?

Bad by elimination!

I have to go to a different address to check these things as the tractor is not right in front of me (no internet where tractor resides). how do I find you after I have checked this stuff out?

Use the link in your email , to get back here.