Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

Kubota b3000 5 amp OPC fuse blows after 1 minute of

Customer Question

Kubota b3000 5 amp OPC fuse blows after 1 minute of operation. Regardless of whether it is idling, or working
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?
Customer: b300hsdcc serial# ***** I am not near tractor at this time b3000 HSDCC
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.
Customer: sweet
JA: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have tried replacing the fuse. blows every time. I have checked the wires under the seat for seat switch, they all look good
JA: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I did have a YETI mug fall out of the drink holder and get caught on back of the seat, but got nowhere near a wire
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

OPC fuse blows for a bad switch, or wire, seat, pto, or brake/neutral switch. Or a bad OPC timer/relay. Hav eyou used a test meter to check each switch, ad the connections for grounds, which indicate a short? With it doing it after start, I suspect the OPC might be bad.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I started with the seat switch. tested good. 0 ohms to infinite, closed to open. I have not tested any others yet because I had this feeling that my YETI mug getting caught under the seat around the same time this problem began was a big clue. No wire chafing on the seat switch wires either.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
you are saying that checking all the switches, wires and grounds is my only option. If those look good, I hafta buy an OPC controller? Then what happens if I buy one of those and I still have the problem? It sucks that no one stocks such a thing. I need to order one and wait at least a week for one to show up.is there a way to test the controller?
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

B3000 shows to have two seat switches, did you test both?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I could only find ONE switch under the seat, and ONE set of wires. I can re-look for the other switch and test it. I would test the others at that time as well.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
You called it an "OPC timer/relay". IS there really a time element to this thing? Meaning, after a pre-determined period of time, I certain conditions aren't met, it blows the fuse...by design?
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

See link below, 110 and 120 are seat switches.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
also, if there is any switch that isn't ZERO ohms when closed, THAT will cause the fuse to blow as well? Is there a certain threshold of resistance for any of these switches? I suspect there would be the same for the wires/connections as well.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

On this one, it is called a controller. # 80, not opc timer.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Is there a way to test the OPC controller itself? Or is it suspected bad by process of elimination?
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Bad by elimination!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have to go to a different address to check these things as the tractor is not right in front of me (no internet where tractor resides). how do I find you after I have checked this stuff out?
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Use the link in your email , to get back here.