Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

Have a McCormick MC115 tractor. PTO went out. Took to a

Customer Question
Have a McCormick MC115...

Have a McCormick MC115 tractor. PTO went out. Took to a McCormick dealer for repair. 250 mile round trip. Said it was the alternator,replaced it put on Dyna o meter. got it home hooked to hay cutter turned on , didnt work. took back to dealer,he put in a senser,pto controller ,sleeve,dowell,misc parts, said he put on dyn o meter for 4 hours.got it back home,another 250 mile round trip. hooked up hay cutter,turned it on and it wont turn. I'm out 6 weeks,$5300,and he want me to bring it back so he can throw more parts and labor at it!he said he contacted a McCormic tech and the tech said he has done everything that can be done. must be something the farmer is doing!!!!???? Wher can I go in my area to get this thing fixed?

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Did someone get my message?

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
9/7/2017
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 11 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

I'm no hay expert, but if the tractor dealer ran the pto on dyno, It should work. Have you tried it on another piece of equipment? Maybe the haycutter has problem and won't turn.??

I see question is still open.????