Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

My Kubota riding mower overheated and boiled over into the

Customer Question

My Kubota riding mower overheated and boiled over into the plastic resurvoir. What do I do to get it back on line?
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?
Customer: GR2120-54 S/N 14419 K1270 40001
JA: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, myself. Haven't done anything yet. Do I refill the radiator if low? Do I fill it with antifreeze or a mix? Does ANY fluid go in the plastic reservoir?
JA: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

When cool, fill the radiator to the top, and then fill plastic reservoir about 1/2 way, if it does not have a mark on it for full. Fill needs to be the 50/50 antifreeze mixture.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

The tube from radiator to the reservoir needs to be vacuum tight, so when engine cools, it sucks the fluid from reservoir and keeps system full.