Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

I have a 2007 Deere 825i XUV Gator. The unit though a little…

Customer Question
I have a 2007...

I have a 2007 Deere 825i XUV Gator. The unit though a little long in the tooth, starts pretty easily when the engine is cool and first started. It runs quite well until the first shut down. When a restart is tried and the engine is warm, the starter just grinds away with no ignition. If the throttle is held open during this warm start the engine will eventually start just like if it was flooded.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Sorry but I don't have the serial number with me tonight

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?

Is there an automatic choke on the 825i, or does it use a sensor to set the fuel air mixture for starting.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
9/7/2017
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 8 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

825I is fuel injected, so it uses no choke, and has sensors for fuel mix. Idle air control, throttle position sensor, and manifold air pressure sensor. But engine with lots of hours, can have valves that have lost clearance. Have the valves ever been adjusted? Also this engine has a timing belt! And can stretch as it gets older.??

Curtis B.
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician