Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

My 425 AWS with the mower deck engages right away with a…

Customer Question
My 425 AWS with...

My 425 AWS with the mower deck engages right away with a jerk but does start. My problem is that it operates in a lag mode for about 4-5 minutes and the engine bogs down while mowing. After that time it seems as if it wakes up and performs perfectly. Any suggestions? Jerry

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Just a moment.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

*M00425BQ20295* John Deeere 425 AWS What else do you need and where would I find the numbers?

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
9/7/2017
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 11 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

Twin cylinder Kawasaki. When engine is cold, it may only be firing on one cylinder. Need to run a cylinder test. Loosen the spark plug wires., and with engine idling, remove one wire at a time. engine should continue to run, if engine dies when one wire is removed, the opposite cylinder is not firing. If that happens, check for spark and if it has spark, try a new spark plug. .

Great. Where do I start or is this just a scam ad?
No I just want a diagnosis as to what to look for.

Scroll up to see my response!

what now?

Did you see my response?