Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

John Deere 3005 Engine cranks but dies when put in gear.

John Deere 3005...

John Deere 3005 Engine cranks but dies when put in gear. Working great before stopping day before.

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

John Deere 3005 Engine dies when shifting in gear. Starts in neutral but have to wait a little or it just turns over. Worked fine day before.

9/6/2017
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 4 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

Tractor shuts down because the tractor thinks there is no one in the seat, or the pto is on. Check the seat switch and the pto switch. Either will kill engine when you put it in gear.

Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician