How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Curtis B. Your Own Question
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Satisfied Customers: 28890
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
Type Your Agriculture and Farm Equipment Question Here...
Curtis B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do I get to and change the power steering motor on a new

This answer was rated:

How do I get to and change the power steering motor on a new Holland 8670 FWA tractor?
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?
Customer: I am not close enough to find that out just now.
JA: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have a hydraulic oil leak either from the motor or one of the lines. I have removed the sort sides next to the cab, the cab floor and the removable plate. The next step appears to remove the plate that the brake and clutch pedals are attached to. I am not sure what all has to be done when I do this.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.
Customer: Thanks. I am having to replace the alternator currently and am trying to find the oil leak while it is idle.
JA: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.

Steering motor only mounts with the four bolts on top, steering wheel and shaft can be pulled up, and then the four bolts removed, and the hoses, see link below. I don't have service manual, and have not had one out of the 8670, but all the larger New Hollands mount like this.

Curtis B. and other Agriculture and Farm Equipment Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
On the 8670 there are steel lines that connect to the motor that connect to hoses under the cab floor. There is not enough room to reach in and disconnect the lines from the motor or to disconnect the motor. The only way I see to get to them is to remove the hood and the hinge support for the hood in addition to the muffler support. Even trying to use a crowfoot is not an option.

Thanks for the reply, if that lets you get to the back side, that would seem to be the best route.