Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

I have a 2012 R4047 LS tractor. I can not get tractor to…

I have a 2012...

I have a 2012 R4047 LS tractor. I can not get tractor to move when I put easy shift lever in either forward or reverse. I have set the free play on the clutch pedal. I have also done an automatic calibration several times. the tractor will only move slightly in a jerking motion and makes a slight slipping noise. I know it is not the easy shift lever as I have replaced it. the tractor only has 270 hours on it. Is there a possibility there may be another problem

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?

I don't believe so

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
the phone number I gave is my home phone. To text me use 1-***-***-****
8/20/2017
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

You have at least and inch of clutch pedal free play? How did it quit? You have front end loader? Won't move in two wheel drive or 4 /wd? Worse in higher gears and lower gears? Sounds like clutch failure.

Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
I have about 1-1 1/4 inch of clutch play. it quit when I was driving forward under no load what so ever. Yes I have a loader. Wont move in 2or4 wheel. Seems the same in lower or higher gears. I know it sounds like clutch failure but is it possible that it has to do with the calibration or possibly an electronic part or diaphragm,a clutch acuator
Phone call session started

Reverse is staying engaged, when trying to go forward. Thanks!