Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

On a Kubota ZD 326S its shaft driven from the trans to the…

On a Kubota ZD...

On a Kubota ZD 326S its shaft driven from the trans to the deck. The gear box on the deck has a seal that is leaking and I was smelling the gear oil today getting hot.. What type of gear oil is used in this differential or gear box and how hard would it be to change the seal?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Ill have to get it and come back i dont have it in front of me about 5 to 6 minutes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not at the moment

8/19/2017
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

Uses 80/90 hear oil in the gear box. And if it is the input shaft seal, Can be done without disassembling gear box. Just have to remove the drive line.

Does the gear oil need to be synthetic or just regular 90 w?

Need numbers off the deck, as it is not shown with the tractor model.

im not working on it now just seeking the info for when i do tomorrow
Hang on model #RCK60P-331Z Serial # 60230 60 inch manufactured deck

OK> I can't identify the seal, but if it is the input, with drive line out of the way. you should be able to use a seal puller to remove the seal. Output seal requires a lot more work!

its the seal on the output shaft that holds the blade
I know the blade has to come off the the gear box removed from the deck but i also know that the pulley that drives the blade is also mounted underneath the gear box. Look like Im going to have some fun
Do you think this can be found at a place like Bearings and Drives? Thats a store here that specializes in this stuff

The gear box has to be removed and disassembled to replace the lower seal. See parts link below

Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
It doesn't look like fun. But i will definitely learn something Thanks a bunch I appreciate it