Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

721D grasshopper with Kubota diesel engine.Wouldn't turn…

Customer Question
721D grasshopper with Kubota...

721D grasshopper with Kubota diesel engine.Wouldn't turn engine over.Cleaned connections on seat and right and left steering arms.Started up in normal fashion but when engaged the right arm the motor shut off.Jumpered the right switch and it started and drove normally,but wouldn't allow the pto to run.Replaced the right switch but and the same results as the old switch.Checked the continuity on the pto switch and it is okay.Appreciate any help you can offer.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Grasshopper 721D serial #5036031

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not that I am aware of.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
8/5/2017
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 11 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

If switches test good, problem may be the interlock module! See wiring schematic below.