Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

I have a 2840 Deere tractor. I have a steering problem. When

Customer Question

I have a 2840 John Deere tractor. I have a steering problem. When sitting still, I can turn the wheels to the left, but I can't turn wheels to the right. When tractor is moving,i can turn wheels to the left easily, and I can turn wheels to the right but it is hard. Lot of slop in the steering. What's the problem?
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 months ago.

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

Where is all the steering slack? The 2840 uses only the steering valve under the steering column, to produce the power for steering, thrugh the drag link. Not like the older 4010 and 20's which ave a sector gear. So the problem has to be either the slack, or the steer valve under the steering column. Most like this valve needs to be rebuilt.

drag link, below.

I see question is still open, did you see my response?

I see question is still open, please use the 5 star rating system to close the question and get me credit! Thanks!