Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

When pto is in the all the forward position it will not run.

Customer Question
When pto is in...

When pto is in the all the forward position it will not run . Back up a little and it works. what is the proiblem?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Model 5105

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
8/5/2017
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 11 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

Explain? The pto won't work, or the tractor will not drive? If the pto does not work, check the pto linkage from lever to the transmission. May need to be adjusted. And check the pto switch, it may be loose, and the backing up, lets it swing. With manual pto which tractor has, seems to be related to the pto clutch and linkage.

I see question is still open.???