Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

Riding mower will not roll--something in trans-diff assm…

Customer Question
Riding mower will not...

Riding mower will not roll--something in trans-diff assm ??????

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Cannot find any numbers--took out rear bearing mount and worm gear and shaft--rear wheels turn fine, no resistance, put shaft back in same problem. have main input shaft disconnected, same problem. this mower has been sitting for approx. 10 to 12 years any suggestions

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?

I need help

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
8/5/2017
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 8 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

Make and model? Hydrostat transmission?

I see question is still open, did you check the brake for being stuck?

Curtis B.
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician