Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

Tried to jumper rio switch. Did not work. Connected back to…

Customer Question
Tried to jumper rio...

Tried to jumper rio switch. Did not work. Connected back to rio switch. Cuts off mower as quick as you start engine

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

D130. Is 2 months old

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. Took wires off of rio switch and used a jumper

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?

How do I get mower to run again when blade is engaged

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Answered in 1 hour by:
8/4/2017
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 11 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

Seat switch or brake switch are the two most common parts to cause engine to die, when blades are engaged. Check the switches and harness connections to them.

Ok

It will not be the RIO switch!