Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

I have noise coming from front of engine on my 801 ford

Customer Question
tractor(gas). I have been told...
I have noise coming from front of engine on my 801 ford tractor(gas). I have been told it could be worn timing gear. Also have noise that disappears when lift is activated then returns. Thinking this could be lifters or worn tappets. Engine has good oil pressure ,uses no oil but has some blowby . I would like your opinion on this high hour engine.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Answered in 3 days by:
8/8/2017
Mechanic: Jeremy, Diesel Technician replied 1 year ago
Jeremy
Jeremy, Diesel Technician

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

I don’t normally work on these, but I can try to assist you where I can. Did you still need assistance with this? Or do you prefer to work with a tech that knows the equipment better?

_______________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy