Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

My 5103 Deere will not engage starter has new battery, all

Customer Question

my 5103 John Deere will not engage starter has new battery
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.
Customer: all levers are in proper position I do have a fuse blowing in spare fuse 10 amp slot
JA: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: changed out battery checked all levers to be in proper position and located a blown fuse replaced it and it immediately blew again ..in whats labeled spare fuse ???
JA: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: ran good when I parked it
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 months ago.

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

Can you jump the starter to see if the starter will engage and spin engine/ Need to touch the battery cable connection, to the switch wire on the starter solenoid. Starter solenoid may be shorted, and is blowing the fuse, when you hit the start function.