Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

I have a massey ferguson 124 baler. I cant get the PTP sprag…

Customer Question
I have a massey...

I have a massey ferguson 124 baler. I cant get the PTP sprag clutch to engage.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Massey Ferguson Model 124 baler

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. I just put new clutch discs in and now the sprag clutch on the PTO yoke won't engage

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Answered in 4 days by:
8/7/2017
Mechanic: dd85, Foreman replied 11 months ago
dd85
dd85, Foreman

Did the Hub area the sprag runs on look smooth?

Did any of the sprag 'bearings" look damaged?

Is the sprag going all the way in?