Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

My JD 4300 tractor keeps stalling out after about 15 minutes…

Customer Question
Pearl, my JD 4300...

Pearl, my JD 4300 tractor keeps stalling out after about 15 minutes of use. I then need to let it sit for an hour or so. Just refilled fuel tank and added an additive thinking there my be condensation. Scratching my head. Any thoughts? -philip

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Thx

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
8/3/2017
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 1 year ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

# 8 is the fule shutoff solenoid, when engine quits, does this solenoid cycle , as you turn key on and off? See kink below.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I don't know. When it quits it's as though the fuel is cut off. I can crank & crank but it won't restart unless I let it sit for an hour or more. Then it fires right up, but only runs for 15 or so and then quits again.

Slip the fuel solenoid back, and tape up the hole and run with it out of the system , to test.