Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

My JD 4300 tractor keeps stalling out after about 15 minutes

Customer Question

pearl, my JD 4300 tractor keeps stalling out after about 15 minutes of use. I then need to let it sit for an hour or so. Just refilled fuel tank and added an additive thinking there my be condensation. Scratching my head. Any thoughts? -philip
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.
Customer: Thx
JA: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 months ago.

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

# 8 is the fule shutoff solenoid, when engine quits, does this solenoid cycle , as you turn key on and off? See kink below.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I don't know. When it quits it's as though the fuel is cut off. I can crank & crank but it won't restart unless I let it sit for an hour or more. Then it fires right up, but only runs for 15 or so and then quits again.

Slip the fuel solenoid back, and tape up the hole and run with it out of the system , to test.