Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and Farm Equipment Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic.

Agriculture and Farm Equipment

5211 Zetor with fuel line problems, Zetor 5211 ser. no.

Customer Question
5211 Zetor with fuel...

5211 Zetor with fuel line problems

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Zetor 5211 ser. no. 025025

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Inserting a piece of 1/4" copper tubing and clamping over that. That original tubing is pretty rotten.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

What is involved in removing the injection pump.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
8/1/2017
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 6 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

OK

Get some new rubber fuel line, and replace all hoses from the tank to the injection pump. And change filter element at same time, to catch any debris from old lines Why does injection pump need to be removed? Injection pump is gear driven , with a key, so it can only go in one position.

High pressure pipes would need to be removed, and the linkage and the other lines to the injection pump, then the front cover, ahead of the pup has to ome off, and the pump fastener removed, and mounting bolts for the injection pump. The a puller is used to push the shaft from the gear and leave gear in place. Pump would now be off.

The fuel line goes behind the injection pump, between it and the engine and is fixed to the pump body by a banjo fitting as near as I can tell. There is very little access space between the pump body and the engine block.

Drag it out and reroute it!

We might try as you say, as long as the line doesn't connect to the injection pump. We can't see whether or not it does - can you tell from a schematic?

No, I have no pictures, but if it is the supply line, it will not connect to back side of the pump.

OK, don't want to wreck anything. I will try to reroute as you say and let you know how it went.

OK> Thanks!

turns out that the banjo bolt is fixed to the back of the injection pump with about 1 inch clearance between it and the engine block. I am hoping to not have to remove that bolt, and have made a temporary repair. Thanks. PF

OK, but that should be enough room to remove the banjo, but if you found a repair around it, good for you!

Please rate using the 5 star rating system to close the question and get me credit! Thanks.

Curtis B.
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician