Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

JD 1020 3 cylinder gas. Want to replace the thermostat. Both

Customer Question

JD 1020 3 cylinder gas. Want to replace the thermostat. Both bolts broke off. Top housing is off. Bolts broken below surface of lower housing. Do the bolts have to come out before the lower housing will come off. If lower housing is off I can get the broken bolts out. I can not get the lower housing off. How do I fix it?
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?
Customer: just a minuite
JA: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: type T4RiC Serial (###) ###-####
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 months ago.

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

Which type housing do you have? The one with the long bolts, or the left one with short bolts, and elbow housing, bolted to front of head? See link above.