Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

Have a 1996 53 hp kobota that runs for about 2 hrs of bush

Customer Question

Have a 1996 53 hp kobota that runs for about 2 hrs of bush hogging then stalls out. Have replaced the gas line but it keeps happening. When it stalls, it will start up again after a rest but not run consistently. Thoughts?
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?
Customer: Bought new, model L5450, cannot find serial #
JA: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's all I can think of.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 months ago.

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

Check the fuel tank outlet pipe, up to the filter housing, andcheck fitting at the filter, as this is where anything from tank, to big to go into filter ,ill gather. It sounds like the obstruction may be in the tank, andonce it dies, floats away from the outlet. You can test if you lie by making a test line from the fuel transfer pump, directly back into the fuel tank filler opening, bypasing all the lines and tank up to the primer pump.