Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

2001, 7210 JD...won't start off of key switch? starter

Customer Question

2001, 7210 JD...won't start off of key switch? starter clicks, starter, cellunoid checked, all good, is there another relay in wiring harness or key switch on all lights on, when turn to start it only clicks.
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?
Customer: RW7210H032674
JA: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 months ago.

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

If the starter solenoid clicks, but does not close the solenoid and turn the starter, the voltage is dropping to the solenoid. Try a jumper wire mirroring the wire from keyswitch to the start terminal on the solenoid and see if a new wire is the answer. Old wire may not be carrying enough voltage/amps to engage the solenoid.